This inspired video by Finite Visual captures the essence of my visionary ecofiction novel, The Erenwine Agenda. Click the Youtube link to watch in higher resolution. There is also one on Facebook in a lower resolution.
You can see more about the novel here on Amazon and here on Goodreads.
Please enjoy, share, and let me know what you think!
I had a dream in the early hours this morning – an Earth Day dream.
Near my office—we’re somewhere northern—closer to the Arctic Circle.
next to my friend’s office window,
in the river that ran clear past by the office building—
under a train bridge,
parallel to a turning train line.
Stood with my kids while we visited.
All so amazed!
Took out cameras to video the salmon run.
People are in with the salmon.
All so amazed!
Train comes by—whooshes through the salmon.
I’m on the train:
video still rolling,
young folks in bucket seats laughing and chatting and
About the salmon they’ve just trailed through.
The power is in the train,
with the kids;
the power isn’t with the salmon.
The salmon’s power transferred to the young kids on the train.
We’re sitting in the laps of the young kids who are holding the salmon-power.
p.s. This Earth Day, we are celebrating a birthday with a sleepover of young salmon-power-holders. Not marching. Just celebrating.
The Erenwine Agenda will be available for you to read tomorrow!
For those who have asked:
- It is available to pre-order now. Pre-ordering counts toward first-day sales figures.
- It is available on Kindle. As part of the Kindle Unlimited program, I will be paid half a cent (yes) per page you read. So please read to the end and tell everyone to read it too!
- You can read Kindle on pretty much any device these days including smartphones, laptops, etc. Just need to download the Kindle app.
- This is the first edition. There will be a second edition in the fall, designed by the multi-talented Lori Dalvi, and it will be a print edition available through distributor Ingram.
- Yes, this took a long time. Six years! It seems like it happened quickly to those who’ve joined the conversation recently, but – not really. It’s been a long and slow process that has had to do with:
- connecting with the right people to help it launch;
- me being personally ready to launch it, and;
- the world being ready to receive it.
If you enjoy this book, please do put up a starred review on both Amazon and Goodreads. There is an alchemical mix between the algorithms of the two sites that only a few people understand!
Much love to all who follow,
I’m excited to announce that my novel, The Erenwine Agenda, is now available for pre-order on Amazon!
This is the short description:
An intern architectural designer takes on the natural gas industry.
This is the little-bit-longer description:
Amalia Erenwine—an environmental activist working in New York City as an architectural intern—takes on the natural gas industry in this new book by Maia Kumari Gilman. Amalia rails against the underwriting of her employer’s work by a natural gas company involved with fracking. She clashes with the gas company’s petroleum geologist, executive Mark Stone—and yet, a hurricane of personal and continental proportions triggers the two of them to open their minds to a new world view.
Have a look, buy, bookmark and share. This is ecofiction that wants to roll out well before Earth Day, so please help the book along with a good word online. And for those who are wondering: the book encompasses a spectrum of politics and possibility. There is room for everyone here. ❤
More information can be found here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/new-book-release-erenwine-agenda-maia-kumari-gilman
I’m excited…did I say that already?!
It’s #loveourplanet – check it out on all platforms. Instagram is especially good. Find a photo to tag with this everyday. Enjoy!